All Time Career Wins
Montpelier Motor Speedway Results
June 25, 2011
John Heydenreich celebrates in Victory Lane
Indy 500 and Nascar Veteran, John Andretti, was in the house
helping prepare his son, Jarett, for competition.
Davenport, Iowa Midget Hot Shoe, Davey Ray, scores USAC Mopar D1
Midget Win, Past Chili Bowl Champion, John Heydenreich, wins USAC
Ford Focus Feature, and Cooper Clouse Wins Young Gun Division.
Sherman, Lewis, Nichols Score
Motor Speedway June 25 Victories.
The USAC Mopar D1 Series made its
first stop on Indiana
soil in 2011 at the Montpelier Motor Speedway Saturday night, June
25, and it was Davenport, Iowa midget star Davey Ray who
found victory lane. John
led the first circuit before sprint car ace, Blake Fitzpatrick
took the helm leading the next 2 circuits. Ray grabbed the lead on
lap 4and never looked back. Jake Blackhurst finished second
in a Bryan Clauson entry, Fitzpatrick, Kurt Mayhew, and the
winniest female driver in USAC history, Taylor Ferns, rounded
out the top 5.
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania’s and
the 1990 Chili Bowl Champion, John
Heydenreich, night was off to rough start as mechanical
issues plagued his D1 chances and a first lap incident in the Ford
Focus division that involved several cars that sent Heydenreich to
the tail didn’t seem to be helping matters. On the lap 1 restart,
grabbed the lead for the first 7 laps
before giving way to Patrick Bruns for the next four laps.
On lap 13, Heydenreich had worked himself back into contention and
led the remainder of the 20 lap feature.
Ross Rankine used a strong run to
complete a second place finish with Bruns, Behning, Toby Alfrey,
and Jarrett Andretti, the son of John Andretti, who was in the
house, rounded out the top 6. In Young Gun action, Cooper Clouse,
picked up the feature win.
In a 30 car UMP Modified field,
Churubusco’s Todd Sherman, drew the pole position for the 20
lap main event, it looked to be a tough evening for the other
competitors; and it was. Sherman jumped to the lead on the start
and never looked back as he bottom fed the low grove with precision
meanwhile behind Sherman side by side battles ensued. Jim Haagar
worked the top side and passed Tony Anderson for second while
Jake Ruefer and Bill Haagar rounded out the top 5.
Super Street action found a rare
20 lap event with Fort Recovery’s Jamie Heiser leading the first circuit and then a door to
door battle with last week’s winner, Bill Lewis ensued.
Lewis grabbed the lead as Tony Anderson gave chase throughout
the entire feature. Lewis was able to pick up the win over
Anderson. James Kepling, Rob
Scarrette, and Richard Williams
rounded out the top 5.
In Thunder Car action, a terrific
race ensued as Jason Shrout took the lead early. Travis
Nichols was able to work his way through the field to briefly
grab the lead away from Shrout at the midway point. Shrout was able
to regain the lead over Nichols a couple of circuits later before
Nichols was able to regain the lead again deep into the feature.
DJ Holt and Mark Keith ran side by side and nose to tail with
the leaders throughout the feature and Rick Zimmerman was in
tow to round out the top 5.
1. 65 Todd Sherman Churubusco, Indiana
2. 16H Jim Haagar Richmond, Indiana
3. 22T Tony Anderson Bluffton, Ohio
4. F16 Jake Ruefer Roanoke, Indiana
5. 92 Bill Haagar Richmond, Indiana
6. 188 Aaron Orr Columbia City, Indiana
7. 21 Wes Morrison Wabash, Indiana
8. 8cent Corey Bevard Litchfield, Michigan
9. 88 Scott Orr Columbia City, Indiana
10. 96 JR Ruefer Roanoke, Indiana
11. 4S Doug St Myers
12. 37 JD Francis Noblesville, Indiana
13. 18 Randy Lines Marion, Indiana
14. 22 Greg Pitts Sheridan, Indiana
15. 15J Jami Cale Huntington, Indiana
16. 8 Jim Mallory Moorsville, Indiana
17. 76 John Halsey Huntington, Indiana
18. 33 Clint Reagle Farmer, Ohio
19. 10 Brent Davis Montpelier, Indiana
20. 43 Eric Morris Hartford City, Indiana
21. 75 Steve Billenstein New Weston, Ohio
B Main: (Top 5
To A Main)
6. 23C Ryan Cripe North Manchester, Indiana
7. 44 Jeff Creech Richmond, Indiana
8. 63 Troy Stewart - *R Albion, Indiana
9. 24 Terry Grilliot - *R Versailles, Ohio
10. 511 Terry Hampton Bluffton, Indiana
11. 45 Dennis Farver Sr. Alexandria, Indiana
12. 24 Zeke McKenzie North Manchester, Indiana
13. 4M Brandon McComas
1st Heat -
#4S Doug St Myers
2nd Heat - #16 Jim Haagar
3rd Heat - #22T Tony Anderson
4th Heat - #65
1. 14 Bill Lewis Montpelier, Indiana
2. 22T Tony Anderson Bluffton, Ohio
3. 21K James Kepling McComb, Ohio
4. 8S Rob Scarrette New Paris, Ohio
5. 22R Richard Williams Portland, Indiana
6. 9 Jamie Heiser Fort Recovery, Ohio
7. 89 Bobby Burton Kokomo, Indiana
8. 73 Jeff Baldauf Portland, Indiana
9. 12C Stevie Clark - *R Kokomo, Indiana
10. T5X Bub Roberts - *R Warren, Indiana
11. J1 Jeff Matheny Brownsville, Indiana
12. 44 Jamie Pardue Greenfield, Indiana
13. R1 Ryan Ramseyer
1. 83 Travis Nichols Portland, Indiana
2. 50 Jason Shrout Marion, Indiana
3. 87 Mark Keith Muncie, Indiana
4. 20 DJ Holt Gas City, Indiana
5. 44Z Rick Zimmerman Connersville, Indiana
6. 71F Rick Frasure Hartford City, Indiana
7. 73B Ron Flaugh
8. 17 Steve Mills Portland, Indiana
9. 14H Lonnie Hughes Silver Lake, Indiana
10. 828 Shane Richardson Markle, Indiana
11. 7 Shane Hillman Hartford City, Indiana
12. 90 Mike Parks Warren, Indiana
USAC Mopar D1 Midgets
DAVEY IN MONTPELIER 20-LAPPER
Montpelier, IN……..USAC Mopar
National Midget vet Davey Ray of Davenport, Iowa won Saturday
night’s 20-lap USAC Mopar D1 Midget race at Montpelier Motor
Speedway, leading the last 17 laps to beat Jake Blackhurst, Blake
Fitzpatrick, Kurt Mayhew and Taylor Ferns. Blackhurst emerged as the
series point leader.
1. Davey Ray
2. Jake Blackhurst
3. Blake Fitzpatrick,
4. Kurt Mayhew,
5. Taylor Ferns,
6. John Heydenreich,
7. Patrick Bruns.
ALSO AT THE TRACK:
Toby Alfrey (#5 Alfrey)
Jake Blackhurst (#39
FEATURE LAP LEADERS:
Lap 1 Heydenreich, Laps
2-3 Fitzpatrick, Laps 4-20 Ray.
HEAT RACE Results
1. Davey Ray (#2 Ray), 2.
Blake Fitzpatrick (#10 Moore), 3. Taylor Ferns (#55F Ferns), 4. John
Heydenreich (#57B Heydenreich), 5. Kurt Mayhew (#21k Mayhew), 6.
Jake Blackhurst (#39X Blackhurst).
USAC Ford Focus Midgets
1. John Heydenreich,
2. Ross Rankine,
3. Patrick Bruns,
4. Brunson Behning,
5. Toby Alfrey,
6. Jarett Andretti,
7. Byron Stowe
8. Tyler Shullick,
9. Jessica Bean,
10. Bill Kriegbaum,
11. Justen Garmenn,
12. Joey Greening,
13. Nick Drake.
FEATURE LAP LEADERS:
Laps 1-7 Behning, Laps 8-12
Bruns, Laps 13-25 Heydenreich
FIRST HEAT: (10 laps) 1.
John Heydenreich (#22 Givens), 2. Patrick Bruns (#83 Bruns), 3.
Brunson Behning (#37 Behning), 4. Nick Drake (#55 Cline), 5. Justen
Garmenn (#39x Rankine), 6. Ross Rankine (#39 Rankine), 7. Toby
Alfrey (#5 Alfrey).
SECOND HEAT: (10 laps) 1.
Tyler Shullick (#61 Shullick), 2. Jarett Andretti (#25 Andretti), 3.
Joey Greening (#17G Greening), 4. Jessica Bean (#3 Bean), 5. Bill
Kriegbaum (#12 Kriegbaum).
USAC Ford Focus
Young Guns Midgets
1. Cooper Clouse,
2. Sam McGhee.
1. Cooper Clouse (#14 Clouse)
2. Sam McGhee (#11 McGhee)
Next Event: Saturday, July 2
UMP Modifieds | Super Streets |
Thunder Cars | Mod Lites