The Midwest Sprint Car Series is set to battle at the historic Montpelier Motor Speedway on Saturday, May 2nd as a part of 2015 MSCS series championship slate. For the popular series, now in its 15th season, the May 2nd visit will serve as the first visit since 2001 at MMS for the Southern Indiana based 410 Non-Wing Series. The event will pay a healthy $2000 To Win and $200 To Start to series competitors.
During the 2013 season, the MSCS series saw a multitude of different winners including Hunter Schuernberg, Daron Clayton, Jeff Bland Jr., Tyler Courtney, Robert Ballou, Brady Short, Kyle Cummings, and Jon Stanbrough. Cummings was the 2014 MSCS champion while all-time Montpelier Sprint winner, Jon Stanbrough, is the series all-time win leader with 20 career feature wins. Rocklin California’s, Robert Ballou, bested a 40 car field from the 10th starting position to pick up the lone traditional sprint race (BOSS Sprints) on the schedule for the Montpelier Motor Speedway during the 2014 season. The MSCS date will join a diverse Montpelier Motor Speedway schedule that features appearances from several winged and non-winged sprint car organizations along with the return of traditional events for the Midgets and weekly classes.
The Montpelier Motor Speedway, which began racing in 1903 and hosted its first automobile race in 1915, is one of America’s oldest remaining racing facilities. While the east central Indiana ¼ mile clay oval has a historic past, the facility has seen many major modern upgrades the past four seasons including new restrooms and bleachers along with the addition of many safety features including a new catch fence and front stretch wall. The Montpelier Motor Speedway commonly competes weekly on Saturday Nights with its popular Modified and Stock Car divisions and is also the host to the popular Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget series.
Gates Open – 3:00 PM
Hot Laps – 5:00 PM
Racing – 6:30 PM
General Admission – $15
Kids (12 and Under) – Free
Pit Pass – $30
MSCS Current Top 10 – Points Standing 1) 32 Chase Stockon 197
2) 12 Robert Ballou 186
3) 81 Jon Stanbrough 173
4) 21 Carson Short 166
5) 3R Kyle Cummins 165
6) 15F Aaron Farney 153
7) 66 Shane Cockrum 152
8) 11p Brady Short 149
9) 4B Donny Brackett 139
10) 11 James Lyerla 130
All-Time MSCS Winners 1st Jon Stanbrough – 20
2nd Daron Clayton – 12
3rd Robert Ballou – 11
3rd Brady Short – 11
5th Hunter Schuerenberg – 8
RaceCeivers – Default frequency 454.000
Westhold Transponders- May be used on Sprint Cars only – Transponder and mount will be provided to the first 45 entries not already possessing a yellow Westhold unit.
Pit Parking – Sprint cars teams will park on the south end of the pits near the track. Sprint cars will be started near this area and will enter the track on the backstretch and exit on the front stretch.
Work Area – The Montpelier Motor Speedway has a work area located near the track exit. The car must not exit the area and all work must be completed in the chute indicated by a red barrier. The work area is only available during the A/B Mains.
– Size – ¼ Mile Clay Oval
– Built in 1903 – First Auto Race 1915
– Total Montpelier Motor Speedway seating – 3200
– Family Seating Section (located behind the flag stand) – Consumption of alcohol not permitted in this area.
– Fully stocked souvenir stand (includes MMS T-Shirts, Hoodies, Pictures, and MMS Programs)
– Fully stocked family/kid souvenir stand (includes kid’s toys and novelties, racing flags, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc… Items starting at .50/$1.00)
– New Men and Women’s restroom located behind the main grandstands. Pit side restroom is men only.
– Concession stand (wide range of food and sides and cold/hot drinks) located behind the main grandstands. Duel lines to purchase food available from spectator area. Picnic tables spread throughout the facility.
– Beer garden – Wide range of cold adult beverages and Coke/Pepsi products. ID required. The carry-in of coolers or alcohol is prohibited due to insurance and state regulation codes.
East Central Indiana (I69 Exit 264)
Montpelier Motor Speedway
700 South Jefferson
Montpelier, Indiana 47359
Track Phone – 765-728-8210
Web & Media Official Website: www.MontpelierMotorSpeedway.com
Facebook – “Home of the Montpelier Motor Speedway: www.facebook.com/MontpelierMotorSpeedway