A Montpelier Motor Speedway Competitors License is required to race at the Montpelier Motor Speedway in a MMS Track Championship points paying division (excludes all sprints and TQ series). This is a one-time license that must be completed upon your first race at the Speedway each season. Once this license is purchased, it is good for all remaining racing events at the Montpelier Motor Speedway. The fee for the license is $20.00 per season and is required for payout following the event. A link to the form is available on our website (www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/driver-forms) for your convenience
Location Montpelier Motor Speedway
East Central Indiana
700 South Jefferson
Montpelier, Indiana 47359
Conveniently located 15 miles from Interstate 69 Exit 264 (Indiana Highway 18)
Race Format – UMP Modifieds will qroup qualify – Invert 4 for Heat Race – Top Finishers redraw for feature
– Super Streets, Thunder Cars, and FWD Compacts will use pill draw – Top Finishers redraw for features
Heat Races – 8 Laps
B Mains – 10 Laps
– UMP Modifieds – 20 Laps
– Super Streets, Thunder Cars, Compacts, and Trucks 15 Laps
– Raceceiver Mandatory for all racing divisions – Default Channel 454.000
– Transponders may be used in your class. If needed, the track will provide one at no cost, you must have an orange mounting pouch (track will have some for sale). You may also use your own yellow Westhold transponder
– UMP/IMCA Rules (Must have roof) – Open Tire Rule – 8″ Tire With Open Brand and Compound Rule – All Safety Rules Apply
Super Streets · Minimum Weight
– 2 Barrel Carburetor 3000 Pounds
– 4 Barrel Carburetor 3200 Pounds
– Maximum 8 inch Tire Width (Open Tire Brand Rule – Hoosier, American Racer, Any DOT Tire)
– Stock Front Clip Cars ONLY (No all tube cars)
· Car must appear as a traditional Super Street (with roof). The use of Wings, Sail Panels, sideboards,, etc… from the Outlaw Showdown are NOT legal for the Monster Mash).
· All Safety Rules Apply
ANY Car Meeting The Above Criteria IS legal!
· Minimum Weight
– 2 Barrel Carburetor 3200 Pounds
– 4 Barrel Carburetor 3400 Pounds
– Stock style appearing production body – example factory production Monte Carlo (including factory stock style nose and an tail). 4 door cars with stock appearing body also permitted. Read Deck spoiler are allowed
– Entirely Stock (All Steel) Engine and Entirely Stock Frame and Suspension Components (Aftermarket Valve Covers, Aftermarket Oil Pan, Headers, Tubular Upper Control Arms, 9 inch Ford and Floater Rearends, Aftermarket Shocks and Springs are allowed.)
– Maximum 8 inch wheel width (DOT/Hoosier/American Racer Tires are allowed)
– All Safety Rules Apply
ANY Car Meeting The Above Criteria IS legal!
• Front Wheel/Rear Wheel Driven Car (Wheelbase between 92-105 inches. No Luminas or similar style frames.)
• Any stock style 4/6 cylinder engine. Headers OK
• DOT Tires Only (No Race Tires). Racing Wheels OK
• All Safety Rules Apply including proper cage, seat, belts, fire suit/helmet, and fuel containment.
For The Kids & Families!
Trick or Treat!
Kids and Families Trick or Treat The Pits In Costume From 2:00-3:45 PM on Saturday, October 24th.
Race Teams – Please Bring Candy To Participate!
T-Shirts & Hoodies
T-Shirts and Hoodies available at the track souvenir stand.
Size and Configuration – 1/4 Mile Clay Oval With Sweeping Corners; 10+ degrees of banking in corners and backstretch.
Year Built – 1903 as 1/2 Mile Horse Track
First Automobile Race – May 5, 1915
Seating Capacity – 3,200
Parking – Free parking located near main grandstand entrance
Family Section Seating – A designated area for family seating is located in the grandstands directly behind the flag stand. The consumption of alcoholic beverage in the family section is prohibited.
Coolers – Insurance regulations prohibit the carry in of any cooler
Camping – Free overnight primitive camping is allowed. Self Contained Campfires Permitted. Please no wood with nails. Self Clean-Up Required
Alcohol – The Alcohol and Beverage Commission prohibits the carry in of any alcohol. Beer is sold at the track. ID is required.
Souvenir Stand – Fully stocked souvenir stand (includes MMS T-Shirts, Hoodies, Pictures, and MMS Programs)
Kids Stand – Fully stocked family/kid souvenir stand (includes kid’s toys and novelties, racing flags, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc… Items starting at .50/$1.00)
Restrooms – New clean Men and Women’s restroom located behind the main grandstands. Pit side restroom is men only.
Concession Stand – Wide range of food and sides and cold/hot drinks located behind the main grandstands. Dual lines to purchase food available from spectator area. Picnic tables spread throughout the facility.
Pets – Pets are not allowed in the grandstand area.