September 28th, Saturday – FALL Throwdown 40 – UMP Modifieds – $3000 To Win | $300 To Start | UMP Modifieds – $1000 To Win | $100 to Start | Super Streets | Thunder Cars | FWD Compacts
Date Saturday, September 28th
Rain Date: TBA
UMP Modifieds – $3000 To Win | $300 To Start – Feature #1 (Competitors #1-#20)
UMP Modifieds – $1000 To Win | $100 To Start – Feature #2 (Competitors #21-#40)
– Appearance Points Only Towards MMS Track Championship for UMP Modifieds
– 60 Appearance Points will be awarded to each driver in competition towards UMP Modifieds MMS Track Championship
– FULL UMP Points will be awarded for Modifieds.
Gates Open – 3:00PM Hot Laps – 5:00PM Racing – 6:30PM Racing Curfew – 11:ooPM
A Montpelier Motor Speedway Competitors License is required to race at the Montpelier Motor Speedway in a MMS Track Championship points paying division (excludes all sprints and TQ series). This is a one-time license that must be completed upon your first race at the Speedway each season. Once this license is purchased, it is good for all remaining racing events at the Montpelier Motor Speedway. The fee for the license is $20.00 per season and is required for payout following the event. A link to the form is available on our website (www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/driver-forms) for your convenience
Location Montpelier Motor Speedway
East Central Indiana
700 South Jefferson
Montpelier, Indiana 47359
Conveniently located 15 miles from Interstate 69 Exit 264 (Indiana Highway 18)
Sanctioning Body and Rules – UMP Dirt Car
Race Distance 40 Laps
Qualifying will be completed in group format as a part of hot laps.
Competitors will draw a pull tab to determine heat race groups. The lowest 8 numbers shall constitute heat 1, the next 8 numbers heat 2, until all heats are completed.
Each car must qualify with their assigned groups. Any car not able to make the call for hot laps or are not within their correct group will be placed on the tail of their heat. The only exception will be in the event of malfunctioning transponder which will be communicated through the RaceCeiver.
Heat Race Inversion
Based on hot laps qualifying times, heat races will be determined based on an inversion of 4.
4th Fastest Qualifier in Group
3rd Fastest Qualifier in Group
2nd Fast Qualifier in Group
Fastest Qualifier in Group
5th Fastest Qualifier in Group
6th Fastest Qualifier in Group
7th Fastest Qualifier in Group
8th Fastest Qualifier in Group
The WINNER from each heat will redraw for feature starting position. (new for 2017)
B Mains will be contested with 10 cars or less per each B Main. A designated number of top finishers (based on car count) will advance to the 40A-Main event. The remaining finishers will be added to the second A Main event until the second field is completed with 20 competitors. Any remaining competitor not qualifying for either feature will receive tow money.
The Montpelier Motor Speedway has a work area located near the track exit. The car must not exit the area and all work must be completed in the chute indicated by a red barrier. The work area is only available during the A Main event.
Raceceiver (Required) – Default Frequency 454.000
Transponder (Required) – The Montpelier Motor Speedway utilizes a Westhold (yellow in color) transponder system. Drivers may use their own Westhold unit or rent/purchase from the track.
– Size – ¼ Mile Clay Oval
– Built in 1903 – First Auto Race 1915
– Total Montpelier Motor Speedway seating – 3,200
– Family Seating Section (located behind the flag stand) – Consumption of alcohol not permitted in this area.
– Fully stocked souvenir stand (includes MMS T-Shirts, Hoodies, Pictures, and MMS Programs)
– Fully stocked family/kid souvenir stand (includes kid’s toys and novelties, racing flags, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc… Items starting at .50/$1.00)
– New Men and Women’s restroom located behind the main grandstands. Pit side restroom is men only.
– New catch fence, front stretch wall, and run-off areas
– Concession stand (wide range of food and sides and cold/hot drinks) located behind the main grandstands. Duel lines to purchase food available from spectator area. Picnic tables spread throughout the facility.
– Beer garden – Wide range of cold adult beverages and Coke/Pepsi products. ID required. The carry-in of coolers or alcohol is prohibited due to insurance and state regulation codes.