Super Street Rules
2017 SUPER STREET RULES/SPECIFICATIONS
The following specifications have been prepared by Montpelier Motor Speedway and their officials as guidelines for the construction of a Stock Car. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators, or others.
Anything not covered by these guidelines, must be approved, by the promoter or his assigned steward. These specifications are intended to be in effect throughout the 2017 auto-racing season. However, continuous development in auto racing and technology may necessitate changes in these guidelines, and management reserves the right to change them at any time.
A. Any U.S. manufactured full body passenger car style, full frame or unibody, 1950 or newer. Steel or aluminum aftermarket template body with steel roof is optional. All windows in body will remain open (rear quarter windows may be closed in). NOTE: Driver seat may be no further back than quarter post. Aftermarket plastic nosepieces may be used.
B. All doors must be bolted or welded shut.
C. No cutting on body allowed except for tire clearance.
D. May remove inner fenders.
E. Must have Steel Floor Pan from front firewall to the rear of the drivers seat. May have aluminum from the back of the drivers seat to/and including the back firewall (straight across) as long as the aluminum is the same thickness as the steel in the front floor pan. Floor pan must follow near to stock lines from front firewall to rear firewall and extend frame rail to frame rail. Max step 10” measured from floor panel below driver’s seat.
F. Body must match engine manufacturer (i.e. Ford body, Ford engine)
G. Body damage must be promptly repaired. Cars must be neat in appearance.
H. Hood and trunk lids (trunk 2’x 3’min.) must be removable for inspection. No holes/openings permitted in hood.
I. Rear tail area must be stock appearing and closed in. Rear spoilers, up to 8” maximum, may be used. Spoilers may not be made of fiberglass and may not extend beyond the edge of the fenders. Braces may not be longer than 10”, nor higher than 8”.
J. No slab bodies. (Body must resemble factory body style.)
A. Must be full frame. Unibody may be used, but must be tied together with 2”x2” minimum tubing.
B. 104” wheel base minimum and must be stock for body/chassis used.
C. There must be a lifting hook/tow chain securely attached to the frame at both the front and rear of car. Lifting hook must be easily accessible by tow truck operator.
D. If rear frame is made of manufactured tubing, front clip must be at least 36” in length from ball joint to rear of clip.
A. 3000 lbs with 2 Barrel Carburetor
B. 3200 lbs with 4 Barrel Carburetor
C. Add 100 lbs with wedge style nose piece with fender flares
D. All add on weight must be painted white and have number on it.
E. Weight must be securely fastened.
A. Must be stock or can be approved aftermarket nose and tail with bumper.
B. Bumpers must be fastened to fenders or quarter panels. (Tied In)
A. Interior must be completely gutted. No mirrors.
B. Firewalls must be completely covered with sheet metal and extend door to door. Must extend down from top of fenders to top of frame rails on both sides. Only tunnel (10” max height) allowed in drive shaft/transmission tunnel. Front firewall must follow near to stock lines. Rear firewall must be straight across.
C. Racing seats only. Must be securely mounted to roll cage.
D. No interior tin. Passenger side may have panel (18” max width) measured from outside door skin, with an inspected access. Panel must extend down to floor pan.
E. Must have 4-point roll cage. 1½” O.D. minimum, with minimum .095 wall thickness, mild steel with 3 door bars driver side and 2 door bars passenger side.
If battery is mounted in driver’s compartment, it must be mounted in a metal box and in a marine- type battery box.
G. All glass, chrome, interior and exterior trim must be removed.
A. Must be stock appearing. Engine setback may be no further back than centerline of #1 spark plug to ball joint, GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc. Cast iron block.
B. No electric or belt (rear end or transmission) driven fuel pumps. No electric water pumps.
C. Headers permitted. Exhaust must exit under car. No exhaust permitted inside the car.
D. No alcohol allowed.
E. Drive shaft loop is required and must be at least ¼” X 2” steel or ¼ “ chain and should be mounted no more than 6” back from front of drive shaft. Steel drive shaft must be painted white.
F. Radiators may not protrude through the hood.
G. Aluminum Intake is Optional.
H. Heads must be 23 degree.
A. 2 barrel or 4 barrel Carburetor (1 Only). No fuel injection systems.
A. Must have four-wheel brakes and lock up during inspection.
B. No shut off device.
A. Any O.E. car or truck rear end. No quick-change device. (Floaters optional, but strongly recommended).
TRANSMISSION AND CLUTCHES
A. May run any Auto or Manual transmission.
B. Car must start on its own.
TIRES AND WHEELS
A. All wheels must be 8” maximum with 1” lug nuts.
1. Hoosier Emod tire D, H, or A compound
2. 8” American Racing tires
3. DOT passenger tires
4. Grooving optional. Only on DOT passenger tires.
A. Weight jacks are optional. (Non adjustable tubular upper a-arms permitted). Stock passenger car spindles only, no fabricated spindles. Bottom A-frame cannot be altered or moved
B. Quick release hub and steering quickener are optional.
C. Shocks do not have to be in stock location. One steel body shock and spring per wheel, racing shocks okay.
D. Rear suspension must be O.E. design. No added lift arms, shocks, or springs. Aftermarket pan hard bars are optional, but must be solid. Upper torque link/biscuit bar optional (24” max length – Must be solid), but mounting point on car must be within 24 inches of axle centerline. (No Macpherson struts or coilovers. No coilover eliminators.)
E. No suspension/driveline parts or mounts permitted inside the drivers compartment.
A. Approved fuel cell required. Fuel cell must be securely fastened inside trunk of car. All cell mounts must be steel, attached to frame or cage. Fuel cell must be in metal container. Fuel must be Gas only (No alcohol, and/or additives)
B. Fuel caps must have car number on it.
APPEARANCE/ CAR NUMBERS
1. Numbers with letters are allowed. Make the letter large enough to be seen from the scoring tower.
2. Numbers must measure minimum of 22” high by a minimum of 15” wide. The thickness of the number must be no less than 3”.
3. Color of the number must be contrasting with the car color.
4. Numbers must be located on both doors and roof of the car. Put the roof number so it can be seen from the tower when the car is in the front stretch.
5. Car number above the right rear bumper is recommended.
6. The car must be washed prior to each nights event . Throughout the night, if the number becomes covered with mud, it must be washed before participating in the next event so the scoring team can read the number.
It is the sole responsibility of each competitor for the effectiveness and proper installation, per the manufacturer’s specifications to be adequate for competition at every event. Each competitor is expected to investigate and educate themselves for continuing improvement regarding their own personal safety equipment.
Seat Belt/Restraint System
1. Each car should be equipped with an approved 5 point seat belt restraint system within the date of the belt expiration. Seat belts restraint systems shall be installed in accordance with the directions and application of the system supplier or manufacturer.
2. Seat belt webbing that comes into contact with any sharp or unradiused metal edge should be protected from that edge by means of push on grip vinyl trim.. Seat manufacturers supply the seat with trim protecting the webbing from abrasion or cutting under impact conditions and should be used to their specifications.
Helmet, Fire Suit, Gloves, Window Net, and Other
1. Each driver must wear an approved full face helmet, fire suit with top and bottom, and racing shoes and gloves. The driver should wear the helmet and other safety equipment in accordance with the directions provided by the helmet manufacturer and/or supplier and the driver should make sure that equipment dates and quality/protection needs meets the needs of competitive racing.
2. Head and Neck restraints are strongly recommended.
3. Driver door net or triangle is required
4. Fire Extinguisher easily assessable to driver is recommended
5. Roll bar padding is recommended around driver’s compartment.
1. RACEceiver (one way) Radio is mandatory and shall be used by drivers during all wheel packing, hot laps, heat races, and B/A Main sessions.
1. Officials may change any of the Super Street rules in the interest of fairness and safety at any time and all decisions are final!
2. Cars may be inspected at anytime. If car is found illegal, driver will lose all money and points for that night.
3. Top 5 Finishers will be weighed immediately following feature unless otherwise announced.
4. Super Streets will follow all track procedures and car entry requirements.
3 Consecutive Wins Penalty
Any driver or car in the Super Streets, Thunder Car, or FWD Compact division that wins three consecutive A Main events at the Montpelier Motor Speedway will be required to start the next A Main feature at the tail of the field. If the next event is a special paying event, the penalty will not be assessed until the next regular event if the consecutive win streak is still in place. Any car that wins from the tail due to penalty will be subject to inspection before competing again at the Montpelier Motor Speedway. The penalty will be assessed until the driver/car win streak is broken
Super Streets Points of Emphasis For Weekly Tech Inspection.
Top3/Top5 will be inspected weekly. Points of Emphasis include:
– Heads – 23 degree only
– Safety – Seat Belts, Fire suits, etc…
THE PROMOTER/TRACK OFFICIALS SHALL BE EMPOWERED TO PERMIT MINOR DEVIATION FROM ANY OF THE SPECIFICATIONS HEREIN OR IMPOSE FURTHER RESTRICTIONS THAT IN THEIR OPINIONS DO NOT ALTER THE MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHOULD RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OF SPECIFICATIONS. ANY INTERPRETATION OR DEVIATION OF THESE RULES IS LEFT TO THE DISCRETION OF THE PROMOTER/TRACK OFFICIALS. PROMOTER/OFFICIAL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval, consent, or permission regarding the subject.
IF IT IS NOT IN THESE RULES, DO NOT TRY IT